At Graham we believe in being socially and ecologically responsible. By embedding sustainability practices into the core of our business operations, we continually strive to make our world a safer, cleaner and better place. We continually initiate practices to lessen our carbon footprint and make our world a place where future generations will flourish.
Some of the initiatives that we’ve taken to benefit the planet include:
- Permanent enclosures are installed on all production lines to capture all volatile organic compounds (VOC's) and hazardous air pollutants (HAP's) generated as a result of our production process.
- All captured VOC's and HAP's are routed via closed piping to a regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO). This unit has 98.6% efficiency in the reduction of pollutants.
- We recycle almost 500 tons per year on different materials like pet, cardboard and wood.
- We use translucent skylight and side light panels in the construction of our plants to maximize natural lighting, thereby reducing energy consumption.
- We provide water coolers and fountains to minimize bottled water consumption.
- Products produced for the transportation market are optimized to reduce fuel consumption for the end user.
- We utilize gas heat for maximum energy efficiency during the winter months.
- We are committed to a continuous improvement methodology to optimize processes and reduce waste.
- Our products are free of heavy metals and other toxic substances.
- We use recycled paper for everyday printing needs.
- Smoking is prohibited inside all Stabilit buildings, and designated smoking areas are located outdoors well clear of entrances.
- All light fixtures have been fitted with environment friendly fluorescent bulbs that do not contain mercury.
- All forklifts operate on environment friendly LP gas.
- All company provided automobiles have fuel efficient four cylinder engines.